Finance chiefs drive closer integration with CIOs under moves to manage big-ticket spending programmes, create a transparent reporting environment, and streamline service delivery. Tackle common challenges at the 3rd Regional GovCFO Forum held Monday 2 December in Canberra.
Australian Taxation Office’s approach to managing its AU$ 1 ...
Queensland, Australia has announced the release of a smart phone app providing residents and visitors with access to real-time beach and water safety information in 72 languages, aiming to prevent drowning accidents in the 12,000 Australian beaches.
The Maharashtra State Government in India is coming out with a web service next month for property owners to conduct property-related transactions, access reports of all past registered transactions and copies of registered documents online.
Citizens of Thailand can now actively take part in the country’s fight against corruption through an anti-corruption website launched by the Office of the Auditor General last week.
Residents of New Zealand can now access health advice for free with the new Healthline Symptom Checker mobile app.
Marking significant progress in Vietnam’s e-government services, more than 75 per cent of businesses in Vietnam’s capital, Hanoi, have declared their taxes online this year. The city tax department is also roping in banking outlets to further enhance delivery of its online tax filing service.
NSW Government “recasts” AU$2 billion annual procurement plan – with focus on transparency, accountability, and good governance. New “wave of action” under incoming Minister for Finance, Mr Andrew Constance.
Electronic Transaction Development Agency of Thailand has signed an MoU with the country’s National Root Certification Authority in order to support the development of infrastructure for electronic certification.
The Indian city of Chandigarh is streamlining the backend workflow for processing public grievances received through the Administrator’s Grievance Forum with a web-based system.
Malaysia’s nationwide cloud-based education network, 1BestariNet, has been implemented in 85 per cent of all the 10,000 primary and secondary public schools across the country, so far. The remaining 15 per cent is expected to be completed by the end of this year.
Federal Agent James Braithwaite, Team Leader - Crime Prevention, High Tech Crime Operations, Australian Federal Police speaks to FutureGov about what the ThinkUKnow programme has achieved in the last year, and how the team is increasing engagement through digital mediums and social media.
Subscribe to the printed version of FutureGov
In a bid to ensure transparency in the application process for obtaining a driving licence ...
It is nine months since the Government of India announced a plan to overhaul the ...
Bangladesh is planning stringent measures to fight cyber crime amid the rapid expansion of information ...